Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Traveling Companions

This froggy pair (along with the doll quilt they are sitting on) will be riding south with me tomorrow.
I do believe they will be fine companions for the drive down to Healdton. They won't be too chatty, which is a good thing because I'm taking along one of my favorite books on CD for listening: Jane Austen's 'Pride & Prejudice'. I love this book almost as much as my #1 favorite 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee and I can't imagine driving any distance without a book on CD -- so much better (and kinder too!) than 'talk radio'.
The froggy pair are birthday presents for a great niece and nephew.
Mr. Frog (on the left) has a batik pale green leaf print underbelly and a dark green back. He will be making his home with Jeston.
Ms Frog (on the right) has a pink underbelly scattered with flowers and a dark green back. She will be going to live with little Miss Averie.
The doll quilt is one I started months ago for another great niece, Jorja. The fabric has cowgirls riding on the Open Range but also features some pretty flowers too. It's approximately 16"x16" -- a good size for keeping tiny baby dolls warm this winter.