Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sometimes, it chooses you . . . .

I've been in a 'fabric dry spell' lately -- haven't bought one piece of fabric in months. In fact, in January, I spent over an hour in my local fabric store and didn't buy anything. Must have been some sort of record for me (or least Hubby thinks it is !).
This past weekend the dry spell was broken. On my way south to visit family, I stopped in a little WalMart in Lindsay, OK -- and, look what I found:
From the remanent bin:
  • 2 yards each - Christmas prints. Both will be used for a Christmas Quilt for gifting.
  • 2 pre-printed Christmas aprons - more Christmas gifts to make.
And, I found these fabrics in Duncan, OK on Saturday:
  • Mary Englebrett print with matching 'buzzying bee' print. This might become a tote bag when it grows up !
  • And, lastly -- this fabric. Have no idea why I bought these two prints -- no project in mind -- all I can say is the fabric choose me !! I'll keep you updated on what this finally becomes.


I'm thinking this weekend will be a good time for sewing or at the very least -- 'planning & day-dreaming' about my new fabrics!