Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Field Trip

This past Saturday, the Stitchers Gals went on a 'Field Trip' to check out the new quilt shop in town -- 'The Savage Quilter' It's a very nice little shop, filled with lovely fabric to pet, 'quilty' gadgets to inspect and patterns to ponder over.
It was their Grand Opening and we put our names on little bits of colored paper and dropped them in a basket. Great prizes were given out every 20 minutes or so -- but, unfortunately not to one of our group. So, we nibbled on the goodies, sipped some lemonade and feasted our eyes on color.
Of course for me, with a brand new grand-daughter, my color of choice was pink !!

And, more pink !!

I left the shop with many ideas but no fabric -- the lines to the cutting table was too long for me. But, I did manage to drop by a couple of other fabric shops in town where I found the perfect brown/pink fabric for Laney's Daycare Bag -- pictures to be posted at a later date.

By the way, I found out Monday that my name was drawn for a door prize after I left the shop!