Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Loving this time of year . . . .

It's officially Autumn and, with that in mind --
I thought I would list some of the things I love about this time of year.
Pumpkins ::
Whether I see them in a local grocery store or at a roadside vegetable stand,( like these beauties,) -- pumpkins will always remind me of carving jack-o-lanterns (and scooping the 'guts' out ! ), spicey pumpkin pies and volunteering at our church's annual 'Pumpkin Patch'. I'm telling you -- watching laughing/giggling children run through rows of pumpkins is a sight to remember. And, speaking of pumpkins -- you can't forget pumpkins of the cookie variety either -- sprinkled with sugar they are so yummy.


Colors ::


From green to all shades of orange, gold and red. Mother Nature is getting her Autumn wardrobe in order -- I totally approve of her color choices.

Celebrations ::

Our little Halloween Trio --- a Witch -- a Flower -- an Obi-Wan Kanobi ---- and, a portion of their candy loot !!

Autumn -- for me there's so much to love about this time of year. What are your favorites ??