Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Envy & Re-thinking Scraps

The total blame for the current state of my stash falls on the following:

I have been thinking that I had a 'handle' on my stash. Especially my fabric scraps (see previous post a few weeks ago). Yes, I was feeling 'organized' and 'smug' -- that is until this week. After reading the 'stash posts' on the above blogs; I've been doing some 're-thinking' and 're-organizing' in my little sewing corner. And it's all their fault !!!

Here's the state of my fabric scraps as of 6:30 am this morning - - - (after being messed with & sorted on and off for the past 3 days)
Yep - it's a mess isn't it ?
But, after reading all the interviews on Sew Mama Sew and AmandaJean's describe her scrap organization -- I had to see if it could work for me. And, you know -- it made me look at my stash and scraps in a whole new way. I can see now that there are lots of fabric scraps that are long skinny bits which would work very well in a spiderweb quilt (or a string quilt) -- and, I do think sorting out the different colors is a great idea. The entire process has gotten me all excited about sewing/creating all over again.
So I suppose I need to change the 'blame' into a 'thank you' to both of these two talented Stitchin Gals.