- The cat is not allowed in the house.
- Okay, the cat is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms.
- The cat is allowed in all rooms, but must stay off the furniture.
- The cat can get on the old furniture only.
- Fine, the cat is allowed on all the furniture, but is not allowed to sleep with the humans on the bed.
- Okay, the cat is allowed on the bed, but only by invitation.
- The cat can sleep on the bed whenever the cat wants, but not under the covers.
- The cat can sleep under the covers by invitation only.
- The cat can sleep under the covers every night.
- Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the cat.
Pictures of our oldest cat - Muffin. She's 18 years old and very frail. She spends most of her time sleeping on my bed in a patch of sunlight. Muffin's never been much of a 'lap kitty' -- in fact, she's tends to be more 'prickly' than pet-able -- an independant, aloof little cat. But, despite all that -- she's brought much joy into our lives and we will miss 'The Cat' when she's gone.
P.S. With all the snow here today, a nap in a patch of sunlight sounds pretty good to me !! (yep - it's snowing in March -- big fluffy flakes and temps hovering around 30 degrees. But wait, it's Oklahoma and our predicted temp for Sunday is 60 degrees !!)