Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Snapshot # 2 :: 'warm' memories

It's about 8pm on a dark and rainy winter night. A quiet evening and I'm in my little sewing corner -- cutting, pressing, stitching.  And, with each action, the cares of my day fade away -- because I'm sewing pajamas for my grandbabes. 



Working with soft cuddly flannel reminds me of the receiving blankets I've made over the years for grandbabes.  How those blankies, made by my hands,  would wrap them in warmth and my love. Now, those 'babes' are growing and getting older -- and that's as it should be. But, I do so hope that no matter how old they become -- they will remember their blankies and pjs made by me.

I know I loved knowing that something I created will keep the ones I love warm on a cold winter night.  That brings a smile to my heart.  Because,  as far as I'm concerned -- you never outgrown the need for comfort, warmth, and flannel pajamas. 

Please notice that I'm wearing flannel as I sew !