Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Are you being served . . . . . .


I feed the birds. I come from a long line of birders and we've fed the birds for many years. We have two bird-feeders at home, close to a window, to provide entertainment to our two cats. And, just watching the cats watch the birds is entertaining to their human staff.
But, I getting off the subject.
You see, I also feed the birds at the office and sometimes when I'm busy I forget. One day last week it was a very hectic day in the office and I kept hearing this little tapping noise.
I looked up and this is what I saw. A Hollywood Finch sitting on the ledge of the window above our front entrance. It perched there and alternately tapped on the glass or peered in at me as if to say "We are waiting . . . . . " !
My feathered-friends have become accustomed to fresh bird seed every day and they were just demanding a service.
I immediately got up and served my little guests and in turn they provided me entertainment all afternoon. The players were: Hollywood Finches, Junkos, Chickadees, Blue Jays, Red-Winged Black Birds, a couple of grey doves, and of course the huge black Grackles.
You will be happy to know that I'm striving to maintain a high level of service to the above players - and I believe they are satisfied or at least they haven't been tapping on glass lately !!
Note: I know this picture is dim and out of focus -- let's just say I didn't have much time to worry about 'depth of field' or f-stops as I was getting this shot.