Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Little hands . . . .


A wonderful birthday present, made with the little hands of my grand-daughters: Sophia (9 yrs), Phoebe (4 yrs) and Chloe (almost 4 mos).
Of course, I don't think Baby Chloe had much to do with the actual painting of this teapot/teacup -- but, I'm sure she was on hand to 'supervise' and lend moral support!
The bottom, which is the teacup, was painted by Phoebe and as you can tell, she is in her Monet phase of self-expression.
The middle section, the teapot, decorated with all those wonderful polka-dots and a butterfly is the creation of my oldest grand-daughter, Sophia. She informed me that those dots were done with her fingers and you can see her fingerprints on a few of the dots. What a clever girl!
The top was done by their talented Mommy and it has all three girls names painted around the base.
This birthday present will always remind me of all my amazing 'little women-to-be' and I'll cherish it as a colorful reminder of what can be accomplished when little hands work together -- guided along by Mommy's slightly bigger hands.
Sophia, Phoebe, Chloe and Emily - I love it and can't wait to use it the next time we have a 'tea party' at my house !!
Post Script: The tiny piece in the lower left hand corner was also made by a pair of 'little hands' -- from my daughter, Jessika at age 5.