Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Monday, April 9, 2007

Pretty Colors - Pretty Eggs !



I think most of us had a chilly Easter weekend with hunting for eggs done garbed in coats, hats and mittens. I even saw some ‘Snow Bunnies’ (no, not that kind!) on the national news.

Here in Oklahoma we had daytime temps in the low 40’s with wind chills taking it down to 28 degrees. Not spring-type weather at all.

But, even with the cold temps, the Easter Bunny (aka – my husband, or Papa Bill as the grandkids call him) was determined to actually boil and color eggs all by himself.

I caught some of the action and even though he was a novice ‘egg – colorist’, I think he did an outstanding job. He was so very careful about following the instructions and measuring out the water and vinegar.

He did ask my advice on whether to use white or cider vinegar -- I said white should do nicely. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that in the past I’ve been known to use pickle juice when the vinegar couldn’t be located. The kids didn’t mind the pickle smell and it just made the deviled eggs better!