Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Location - Location

A couple of years ago, as my Mom, my oldest sister, Sue, and I were strolling through the local nursery in Ardmore, Oklahoma; my Mom expressed a desire to have some ivy planted in her front flower bed.

Being dutiful daughters (try saying that 3 times fast) -- my sister and I purchased and then planted Boston Ivy in their front flower bed.

This area of their yard gets sun in the early morning but is shaded in the heat of the day. Also, the faucet for their hoses is located on that side of the house and the hose connection leaks - the soil in this flower bed stays very moist.

An ideal location for ivy --
but we might need to think about relocating the garden gnome !!!