Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Looking through the eyes of a child

For the past 5 evenings - - -

We've all learned new songs, along with all the sign language and jumping in place that make it so much fun. VBS (Vacation Bible School) is such an amazing learning experience for both the children and also the adults.

Together - - -
We've acted out the story of Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors - dressing up in colorful versions of his coat and then sitting very quietly as our leaders read the story to us from beginning to end.
We've had play time outside (and inside when it was raining).

We've had sweet treats and lemonade.

We've painted & colored and giggled & laughed together.

















We've talked about 'Trust' and 'Love' and 'Service' and how we can grow into better people each day.

My grandson, Joseph and I both enjoyed VBS this year. For me this was one of many that I have attended as a participant or a volunteer over the years -- but, at 3 years old, this was Joseph's first VBS.

For me, it was a revelation to watch him as he took in each new experience with curiosity and wonder. I know that seeing the church and our faith through his eyes, has renewed my soul. And, I also have a little bounce in my step as I hum the tunes we sang together each night. Those music/lyrics and the message they convey, will stay will me for a long time to come.