Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Friday, July 13, 2007

It seemed like a good idea at the time . . . .

This Saturday is a family celebration -- Joseph's birthday. And, because I'm a cookie-baker, Joseph's Mommy (and my daughter) requested that I bake cookies for the party.


Joseph loves Scooby-Doo and with that in mind - at 9am last Saturday morning, I made sugar cookies in the shape of little dog bones as nod to Scooby's favorite snack - - - Scooby Treats.



After I had rolled, cut, and baked 6 dozen sugar cookies -- I thought why not make more cookies.


I need to furnish cookies later this month for a church project and thought I would just bake another type of cookie and put those in the freezer. Heck, I already had the kitchen in a mess might as well just carry on with my 'cookie baking'.


A batch of Peanut Butter Cookies was quickly mixed, baked; producing 4 dozen cookies (less one or two for strictly taste-testing purposes). But, 4 dozen cookies wasn't quite enough cookies for the church project.


Now that the kitchen was in even a bigger mess, I decided to whip up a batch of chocolate chip. Yes, I thought -- that's a good idea -- everyone likes chocolate chip cookies !


After finding my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and seeing that it only made 2 dozen - I thought . . . . double the recipe and that will make an additional 4 dozen cookies, which with the Peanut Butter cookies will be perfect for the church project.


There was just one little thing wrong with this thought - - - my chocolate chip cookie recipe is for those giant cookies -- you know the kind -- as big as a saucer type !! But, you see when you use a standard cookie scoop on that recipe doubled -- it makes over 8 dozen.


And, if you've done your math -- that means I have the following cookies in my freezer.


Sugar Cookies = 6 dozen
Peanut Butter Cookies = 4 dozen
Chocolate Chip Cookies = 8+ dozen

TOTAL COOKIES BAKED: 18 DOZEN



I think I have enough cookies now !

Note: It was 6 pm before I finished and got the kitchen back in order again. And, I don't want to see a chocolate chip cookie again for a long time.