Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Quilting Assistant

I jumped on the bandwagon with the Disappearing 9-Patch Block this past weekend.

It was so fun sewing the blocks into a 9-patch and cutting that block into 4 pieces and then rotating those pieces into something that looked much more difficult that it really was. (My English teacher, Mrs. Davis, would have a cow if she read that last sentence!)

As the stack of cut 9-patch pieces grew, I moved into the living room to utilize the floor space as a 'design board'. This is when my little furry assistant appeared -- Libby, our youngest cat.

She proceeded to sniff every piece of fabric - inspecting all the seams and in general being a very thorough quilting assistant. Through 4-5 different arrangements of the blocks, she was my steadfast companion. Here she is giving her approval on the final arrangement.

I think she has a very good eye for balance and color -- don't you ??