Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tiny pieces of fabric + thread + talent + love = a family treasure


Last night was 'Stitchers' and once again, I'm blown away by the talent in this group.

The picture below shows a large quilt from Nancy made entirely of triangles. I love the 'scrappy' look of this quilt. By the way, the picture does not do it justice to this quilt - the colors are really amazing.


Picture #2 is a quilt made by Wanda for her 4th grandchild, due in September. I agree with Wanda that blue/yellow/white are perfect colors for a baby boy and this pattern shows off her fabric choices very well.


Although some of us brought some 'stitching' to work on last night -- the main reason for our gathering was a 'Granny Shower' for one of our members, Carol. She will become a first-time Grandmother this summer and we Stitcher Gals decided to throw her a party.

Here's some of Carol's 'baby booty'


And, Nancy presented Carol with a stitched basket and baby blanket made in 'Disappearing 9-Patch' pattern - using 4-inch squares.


After seeing this baby quilt, I've got try this pattern.
Just think, if I get busy, I could use up all those little pieces of fabric that I have stashed away at home to create my own family treasure !