Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

'Quilt Sandwich'

The 'Charm Pack Quilt' was pressed and sandwiched with the batting and backing last night. I really like this little quilt and would dearly love to hand quilt it -- but, time waits for no one -- especially a grandmother with many unfinished grandchildren projects on her hands.

This quilt will be tacked over the next couple of nights and ready for the binding (and hopefully finished this weekend). But, before it can be tacked, the entire 'quilt sandwich' must stabilized. In the past, I've always used large safety pins on my quilts --


But, I last night, I decided to try something different. I loosely basted my Charm Pack Quilt sandwich together and it seems to be much more stable than just using pins. I'm looking forward to seeing just how well it holds the 'quilt sandwich' together -- and, that proof will come when I start the actual tacking process tonight.

Progress on the Biscuit Quilt ?

Please turn your attention to the picture below -- of my porch flowers -- aren't they pretty ?? As you can tell -- I'll do anything to distract from the sad fact that I have no 'Biscuit' progress to report at all !!