Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Creativity is messy -- and, you might want to take notes.

Creativity is a messy process -- or at least that is what I have found to be true at our house.



When I'm tucked into my little sewing corner -- ideas and projects flying through my head -- being tidy & organized is the last thing I want to think about. But, when your creative space is approximately 6 feet by 4 feet -- the creative debris can get a little out of hand -- the changes/corrections too many to remember.



When a project is finished -- I sometimes wonder just how it all came together. At that point, I realized that I needed more memory. And, unlike my computer -- you can't just 'plug' in an addition memory chip into my left ear. Therefore, I started using this very 'low tech' form of 'memory' ----

My project journal --


On these pages, I record measurements, fabric swatches, and notes on individual projects: quilts, tote bags, etc . . . .



Projects that were were fun/easy and others that were fiddley/difficult -- but all were rewarding in their own way.





And, I do admit I take a certain amount of pride in looking back through the pages at all I've 'created' in the past. Now if I could just remember to take out the trash !!