Tuesday morning I awoke to the sound of ice falling from the trees and sliding off our roof -- and, also the sound of thunder. The overnight temps were above freezing which was a very welcome surprise. My drive to work was in a cold-cold rain and they are predicting at least an inch of rain on top of all of the ice. That's ice on the grass in the picture below -- not snow. Snow going to be coming this weekend -- 4 to 6 inches.
- Always keep extra batteries on hand from and that a battery-powered radio is a very good thing ( so is a book light )
- There's a reason our grandparents went to bed early -- it's warmer in bed !
- Never under-estimate how good a hot cup of coffee taste until you don't have one.
- You can knit by candle-light and if you are knitting a wool blankie for a baby -- it can keep you warm while you knit.
- Keep some un-scented candles for emergencies -- at one point over the past three days we had a Citrus/Sage, Garden Rose, Peppermint & French Vanilla candles burning at the same time -- it was little overpowering -- but, at least we had light!
- Pray: thank God for small blessings -- and, remember no matter how bad your situation is, there's always someone else in worse shape and they need your prayers and support.
This post may be a little 'dis-jointed' -- it was started on Tuesday and the power went out again. We are now back in on the power grid again and very thankful.
The Sooner State will survive this blast of winter but the recovery will take time. When you talk to God tonight -- please pray for all those who still don't have power in our state and neighboring states.