Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Snowy memories . . . . .

Snow is predicted for this weekend -- 2 to 6 inches of the white stuff on top of what's left of our ice storm last week. I think 'Winter' likes the Sooner State -- he seems to visit often this year.
If the snow does come tonight and we wake to a white world tomorrow morning -- then we will deal with it each in our own way. For me -- I'm going to think positive -- and, if our power stays on -- I'll be doing some last minute holiday baking, gift wrapping and maybe even some very last minute gift-making. But, I will also be remembering snowfalls of the past and cherishing the winter memories.
The snow picture is of my Daddy's little barn -- taken many years ago on a weekend at my parents house. My oldest sister and I were visiting our parents and woke up to find 8 inches of snow had fallen the night before. It was beautiful -- everything was under a blanket of white. I can still close my eyes and almost hear the crunch of the snow under our feet as we walked thru the drifts, snapping pictures with our 35mm cameras. Laughing at Mom and Daddy's basset-hound, Duke -- he was so short that he hopped over the snow mounds and was soon covered with snow -- but he wasn't going to miss out on the fun. It's a sweet memory.
May we all have a warm 'winter' weekend filled with moments of memory-making.