Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Blankies and Mr. Butler

Two things I occupied my time this past weekend:
A Ragg Baby Blankie for a co-worker's over-due baby boy. He was due on the 12th and is being a little stubborn. It wasn't until I cut out the squares for this blankie that I noticed what backing flannel actually had on it -- I just chose it for the colors. The print says "Welcome Little One" "We've been waiting for your arrival !" -- the parents-to-be thought this was so appropriate !
Details: 2 yards of flannel (did not pre-wash) for back and front (4 yards total). Squares cut 10"x10", sewn together with 1-inch seam - 5 squares X 5 squares. Sew a seam 1-inch from edge of blankie. Cut fringe on all standing seams and edges, toss in the dryer for 10-15 minutes to fluff. Approx 40 inches square.
This also took up a lot of my time - - - -
A very satisfying read -- but, then I'm a huge 'Gone With the Wind' fan -- read the book for the first time at age 9 and have totally lost count of how many times since. This novel has the same 'flavor' as my beloved GWTW does -- it fills in the blanks and answers all those questions about a character you can't seem to forget -- Rhett Butler. I so want to savor every page -- yet, can't wait to get to the end and find out if it takes you out that door and into the fog after the famous 'Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn'
Hope your weekend was happily occupied too !