Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sewing with Bugs

Bugs invaded my sewing room last night -- Ladybugs to be exact.
They tried to get away from me -- but, luckily I contained them to a small area with a black polka-dot binding.



Another 'Daycare' quilt for Laney. She loves the color red and I thought all these red ladybugs were so cute -- but couldn't decide on a binding to frame in this little quilt. Did a little digging in my stash and came up with some polka-dot fabric that I think puts the finishing touch on this blankie.


Fabric: Ladybugs with dots is flannel and Ladybugs with leaf pattern is 100% cotton with poly batting tacked every 4 inches. Binding on straight grain, cut at 3" and then doubled -- machine stitched. Finished quilt is 38'x38'.
Notice the difference in the above pictures -- this is what happens when you take your final picture at 9:30 pm. The first picture is closer to the actual colors.
Loved making this quilt and will definitely do another this weekend.