Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Snickerdoodling & Semi-Home-Made

Sunday, all five of my grand-babes would be together for a cookout and to share some fun time. My contribution to this gathering was to be cookies. Saturday morning I mixed a double batch of Snickerdoodles. These sugary-cinnamony cookies are always a hit with both children and adults.

But, after all the 'snickerdoodling' -- I still felt I needed another type of cookie and remembered one of Joe's favorites: Peanut-Butter Blossoms. My version is -- as s the Food Network would say -- 'Semi-Homemade' --- but, still very good.

Make cookies according to directions on package, roll into balls and coat with sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. Immediately after removing from the oven - press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool for at least 1 hour to allow the chocolate to firm up and then store in an air-tight container. Quick and pretty and so yummy !!!