Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The first of many . . . .

I'm smiling today and it's not just because it's 'Friday Eve' -- this morning when I looked out my front window -- I saw something that just had to come to work with me.
The first rose of the season !


It sits on my desk -- still wet with dew -- in my little vase -- by Mr. Armadillo (who has been my 'co-worker' for over 30 years and is a very nice fellow, quiet but ready to hold things down when needed) -- and my fake leopard pencil holder.

As you can see -- I have a very eclectic tastes in office decor !

This bloom is from my Linda Rose Bush -- a Jackson-Perkins Rose which blooms from early spring to late fall.

Thank you again my dear 'sister of the heart' for this beautiful gift of color in my garden that always makes me think of you.