Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crock Pot = More Time

It's been misty/rainy here on the Southern Plains and that made me think of meals from my crock pot. And, also getting into my sewing corner too! Below is a new (to me anyway) recipe for chicken in the crock pot and Willie Jay pronounced it 'very good'. I will definitely make this again and there was even enough left over to make some Tortilla Soup this weekend. A 'keeper' of a recipe.
No pictures of the finished dish -- but, I will show your two more Fabric Bookmarks made after dinner last night. Love having dinner ready when I get home and the clean up was easy too. Gives me more time at the sewing machine -- and, unfortunately it also gives me more time with the washing machine too - but, we won't talk about that right now !

Crock Pot Southwestern
Chicken Breasts
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drain & rinse
  • 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drain
  • 1 (10 oz) can Rotel* tomatoes
  • salt, pepper and any other seasons you like

Lightly season the chicken breasts and place in the bottom of crock pot. Add corn & black beans. Pour Rotel over corn/beans. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve as is or with rice. *diced tomatoes w/green chilies

Details: assorted fabric scraps sewn together in strips, then fusible fleece applied and a backing added before machine quilting. Outline stitch bookmark shape, trim with pinking shears and add button accent. Total time: 20 minutes and most of that was deciding which fabrics (and button) to use.