Home-Made Granola ::
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or pecans/pumpkin seeds/walnuts)
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground alspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, dried cranberries, etc . . )
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together oats, nuts, coconut, brown sugar.
Melt butter with syrup over low heat, pour over granola mixture and toss well, spread out mixture on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add dried fruit, stir granola mixture and bake an additional 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from oven and allow to cool before storing in an air-tight container. Can be stored for 2 weeks at room temp. It was so easy and so tasty with yogurt -- I'm definitely making this again.
Give it a try and I guarantee you'll never buy granola again !!