Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Friday, May 8, 2009

A few words about 'Mothers'


My Mother had a great deal of trouble with me,
but I think she enjoyed it.
Mark Twain


Mother Nature is providential.
She gives us twelve years to develop love
for our children before turning them into teenagers.
William A. Galvin


All that I am or hope to be I owe the my angel Mother.
I remember my Mother's prayers
and they have always followed me.
They have clung to me all my life.
Abraham Lincoln


For the Mother is and must be,
whether she know it or not, the greatest, strongest,
and most lasting teacher her children will have.
Hannah Whitall Smith


Making a decision to have a child - it's momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking
around outside your body.
Elizabeth Stone


Note: The picture is my Mother holding
her youngest great-grandchild
(and my youngest grandchild).
Happy Mother's Day Mom --
I love you !!