Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spring Flowers & 'A Good Read'

Hubby has been reading all about container gardening and how to mix all sorts of plant textures. I'm not really sure what all that means -- but, I love the results that are now residing on my front step. So very pretty.

I love a good book -- one that you can get lost in -- A book that makes you read long into the night, because you can't wait to find out what happens next. 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' is that sort of book.

The setting is Post-WWII Great Britain - and through a series of letters, you learn how one small island survived a Nazi occupation. I started the book on Tuesday night and and as you can see, the book followed me to work the next day. I finished it during my lunch hour and was so sad to leave behind all the wonderful characters of the 'Society' behind.

But, I do have other characters to keep me company in the stack of books beside my bed -- and, I'll let you know if any of those are 'A Good Read'