Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Quilt to 'Blankie'

For years now, I've been making quilts for every baby in our family -- for grandchildren and now for great-grand children. It's my personal gift to welcome that new babe into our family. From the choice of fabrics and pattern -- to the final stitches on the binding -- for me each of those baby quilts have been a labor of love. And, one of my greatest joys is when those quilts are used beyond the baby years. That's when a quilt has become -- a 'blankie'

This picture was taken over the weekend of my great-neice, Jorja -- although, she may be in PreK this year -- she knows that sometimes you still need your 'blankie'