- The Sunshine Circle created in 1912 and still sewing quilts and 'comforts' for those in need.
- The women of the United States Sanitary Commission who answered the call from President Lincoln to outfit soldiers with hand-made blankets/quilts.
- Quilts of Valor - coordinated through the VA to distribute quilts for wounded soldiers in communities across America.
- The Binky Patrol - providing thousands of quilts and blankets to children who need a little comfort.
- Morsbags - sewing your own reusable shopping bags to reduce the millions of plastic bags that litter our planet.
- The Aids Quilt - made in memory of those who have lost the battle with this horrible disease.
- The Boise Pease Quilt Project - honoring individuals for their peacemaking work.
It's definitely a good read.