Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Smitten by knitting -- that's so corny -- but so true !

For years now I have loved quilting -- can't even begin to count the number of baby quilts and lap quilts that I've created. Love how the pieces of fabric come together to form a pattern -- it's seems like magic !!
So, imagine my joy at finding a knitting pattern re-creating a famous quilting pattern - Court House Steps!

With apologies to Kay from Mason Dixon Knitting, below is my first awkward attempt.


I know it doesn't look like much --
it's only two days old --
but, I'm so hooked !!
It may not be pretty, but I dearly love it and can't wait to finish the remaining silver blue row and start on the dark rose pink and then I may have to add another color or two . . .
And, just look at the back --
all those cute little 'stitches' where each color comes together - - -
too cute !!