Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stress relief . . .

After this past week of worry and stress -- I was in dire need of something calming and fun ! With that in mind, I sat myself down in my little sewing corner -- and, proceeded to cut and piece and pin and sew -- and entire process made me very happy. Even the part where I had to rip out a seam wasn't that bad -- at least I was playing with fabric !
And, this is what I made ---

A new knitting tote bag -- large enough to carry more than one knitting project -- but, not so big that it is cumbersome to 'tote' around. The handles are short but fold nicely out of the way when I'm knitting and there's three inside pockets for all my knitterly stuff.

Details:

Black & white fabric is from my stash

Cat fabric is from my Oregon Sister (thanks Linda -- just love these kitties !!)

Lining fabric is from Hancock's -- on sale too !