Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Stitchin' Monday

Sunday evening -- here's my big bag all packed for the Monday Night Stitchers Meeting: finished 'Chicken Quilt', needle case pattern for Jane, current a knitting project ( red prayer shawl for my cousin, Donna June ), and the crafting books from the Trunk Sale over the weekend. I so love this bag (a Christmas present from Willie Jay ) -- it's just the perfect size for toting all my Stitcher Stuff.

Sherrie flipping through one of the Trunk Sale books - a 1960's quilting book. We all were amazed at the changes in the quilting process and how the rotary cutter has made quilting much easier. I think everyone pointed out a fabric or print they recognized or remembered from the 60s !! Talk about a 'trip down memory lane' !

Wanda and Jackie were discussing how best to make a 'pretty girly hairbow holder' from tulle, ribbon, and a plastic hanger. Wanda's little grand-daughter is in need of one and therefore Grandmommy will do her best (with a little help from her friends) to make one !! With four grand-daughters, I'm looking forward to seeing how this project comes together.
The completed 'Chicken Quilt' for Laney -- everyone agreed that this one is cute and colorful -- just the right size for a little one. This is my first quilt done on my new sewing machine -- and, I'm sure it won't be the last.
Details: approx 38"x38" - chicken print from Fat Quarters purchased on eBay - border and backing from my stash - binding is flour sack print.
Another Stitcher meeting and a great way to end a Monday !