Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Eleven years ago . . . .

Early in the morning -- eleven years ago this week -- I was almost running down a hallway at Baptist Medical Center, trying to find the correct room number. Suddenly I passed the viewing window for the nursery and I glanced in -- there was my son standing by a little bed and holding the hand of his first child (and my first grandchild). I cried because the sight was so sweet.
Since that day I've watched that little one learning to walk - - - - and, I have some very special memories of watching her 'march' through their house -- she was so proud and stepping so high with those short little legs.
I watched as she began drawing at an early age -- pictures of her family were her particular favorite. We have a picture she drew of her Papa Bill standing by me with our cat, muffin at our feet -- very detailed for a child -- but, she's like that -- very observant.
I can't believe she's 11 years old. Today, she's a combination of many things -- 'little girl' things (stuffed animals & toys) and 'almost teenager' things (cd's and lip gloss).
She's such a joy in our lives -- and I look forward to seeing spread her wings and fly.
Happy Birthday Sophia !!
P.S. Did I happen to mention that she's learning to crochet and latch hook ?? Another crafter in the family !!