Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
60-ish 'child of the prairie' who loves sewing, baking, knitting and most of all -- family & friends.

Monday, February 9, 2009

A 'beanie' bear & a bit of 'de-cluttering'

Chunky Knit Beanie
Ms Bear volunteered to model the finished beanie hat. Actually she didn't volunteer -- she was drafted -- but, she was a very good sport about the whole photo shoot thing. A quick & easy knit in chunky yarn using large needles. Knitted over the course of an evening and I have plans to knit more 'beanies' for gifts. Loved this pattern. What's not to love -- knitting a hat without using the 'dreaded double-pointed needles'! So.Cool. Check out the pattern over at http://a-friend-to-knit-with.blogspot.com/ clever/funny/talented young woman. One of my favorite blogs.
A little 'de-cluttering'
Finally sorting out my collection of cookbooks. Went from 3-1/2 shelves of cookbooks to just 2 shelves -- found cookbooks that I didn't even know I had or where they came from. And, did some serious cleaning on those dusty shelves. Boxes & boxes of cookbooks to be passed on to sisters, nieces and friends -- I'm certain all the books will find good homes.